Thursday, August 20, 2009

Book Review: Veil of Midnight

Veil of Midnight by Lara Adrian

Description: Renata is a special woman who has been trained to fight. She has special gifts which have come in handy in protecting her from the bad people in the world (and saved her life more than once). Nikolai's job is to find the bad guys in the Breed and serve justice. When he meets Renata he can't help but wonder why she seems to be the employee of an assassin.

But Nikolai can't deny his attraction to Renata. And Renata needs the help of someone and the only one around that seems to be capable is Nikolai. Can they solve their problems best by being together? What about their own histories that have scared their bodies and souls?

Thoughts: Am I in a book rut? I haven't seemed to find much that has been interesting me in terms of wanting to read. When I do read things I have middle of the row feelings on them. They don't astound me, but they also don't make me hate them enough to put them down. Do I feel like putting these books on my must read list - No. But is that more a by-product of the other things going on in my life? I really can't tell. It makes me sad - because I don't want to influence others' choices in books if it is just me being in a perpetual bad mood (then again I am not in a bad mood - I have a lot going on but overall am very happy with how my life is).

I guess my goals with this website was to give people another venue to find out what a book is about. Maybe find out why I liked it (or loved it - or hated it). Not that they should take my word as gospel - but more if you like the things I like - maybe you will find something listed here you wouldn't have picked up.

So that is how I feel about this book. Ambivalent. Not bad as in I am going to scratch my eyes out - but not great.

What genre would you consider this?
Paranormal Romance

Overall:

No comments: