Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bone Crossed

Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs (A Mercy Thompson Novel)

Description: Mercy is overcoming a horrible incident in which she was hurt and forced to kill someone. For Adam the man that believes he is her mate - this is difficult. When the Vampire Queen punishes one of Mercy's friends because of Mercy's actions she knows it is time to get out of town. Surprisingly an old college friend has a problem - a ghost that needs to be removed from her house - and Mercy is the one to do it.

Of course things are not always what they appear. Can Mercy save her friends from the Vampire Queen's wrath? And what really is going on with the ghost that is infecting the house - it is dangerous and that is unusual for a ghost. Can Mercy figure it out in time before someone gets hurt? Mainly her?


Thoughts:
I know I have read a Mercy Thompson Novel before but it must have been pre-blog because I didn't find it on here. And I definitely think it is one of the earlier ones because I don't have all the story in my head. For me it took a little while to catch up. I was able to catch up and feel like I knew enough about what happened to know how it related to this story - but it took a while. Personally, I would have liked to start over from the beginning and I think I would have enjoyed it all the more because of it.

But the story is great on its own and definitely kept me intrigued. I think I will be picking up the next Mercy Thompson book that I see.

What genre would you consider this?
Paranormal

Overall:

1 comment:

Darlene said...

I've heard of this book before and that it was good. That's happened to me before too; I start reading something and know it's familiar but I don't remember enough to stop. Glad you liked it.