Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Win a copy of JULIE AND JULIA

Win a copy of the Julie and Julia by Julie Powell

Same rules apply as usual - Please comment below if you are interested. Be sure to include some way for me to contact you (if I can't find you I can't get you the book). Five people will be drawn at random on July 9th so enter now!

This contest is eligible to those 18 years of age that are residents of the US and Canada. We will not be able to mail to P.O. Boxes. One entry per person.

All entries are due by July 9th - so enter now!

Julie & Julia, the bestselling memoir that's "irresistible....A kind of Bridget Jones meets The French Chef" (Philadelphia Inquirer), is now a major motion picture. Julie Powell, nearing thirty and trapped in a dead-end secretarial job, resolves to reclaim her life by cooking in the span of a single year, every one of the 524 recipes in Julia Child's legendary Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Her unexpected reward: not just a newfound respect for calves' livers and aspic, but a new life-lived with gusto. The film version is written and directed by Nora Ephron and stars Amy Adams as Julie and Meryl Streep as Julia.

12 comments:

Marie said...

I love reading and cooking, so I'd love to win this book. Please enter me. Thanks.

mparke[at]mts[dot]net

Hudson said...

What a fun contest and you continue to have such an interesting blog. I just got done reading A Thousand Splendid SUns by Khaled Hosseini. What a fabulous book. I loved it and read it in record time. I just couldn't put it down. Mary Jo You can get ahold of me on my blog in any comment section if I win then I'll give you my email if thats the case.

Luvdaylilies said...

I really, really want to read this so, thanks for the giveaway!
Luvdaylilies at bellsouth dot net

sharon54220 said...

I would really love to win & read this. I grew up watching Julia Child.

sharon54220@gmail.com

Mary Green said...

June 23,2009

Julie's accomplishment is amazing..to say you are going to do something and then do it! Also the numbers are astonishing..so much food in so little time> I would love to recieve this book for its content and also a reminder that we too can do what we say.
star-rover@atlantic.net

Kristi said...

I have seen this book around a lot lately and it sounds yummy. Please enter me in the drawing.

kherbrand at comcast dot net

allison gottberg said...

Please enter me, thank you!
allygotts567[at]hotmail[dot]com

allison gottberg said...

Please enter me, thank you!

Jenny N. said...

Thanks. I'd been wanting to read this book

jen4777[at]hotmail.com

Ginny said...

I've been wanting to read this, looks very interesting!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to enter, I've become a follower

mynglin(AT)hotmail(DOT)com

Darlene said...

I don't know how I missed this one but please enter me. Thank you.

bj19662001 (at) yahoo (dot) ca