Thursday, January 21, 2010

Book Review: Home Safe

Home Safe by Elizabeth Berg

Thoughts: I couldn’t imagine living with a man for years and when he dies suddenly finding out that there is something about him that you don’t know about him. Something significant. It would take you to another level of despair when you are already trying to deal with things.

Add to that the way the mother/daughter relationship works for the two of them. It is fine to rely on people but to be that close – and unable to function on your own just seems odd to me.

I wouldn’t say this is a feel good book (I mean it starts out with a death) but it is a book about the progression of a person to being someone new. And the movement of someone into or out of your life will do that to you.

What genre would you consider this?
Family Dynamics

Overall:

1 comment:

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict said...

Sounds really good!

Jennifer @ Mrs. Q: Book Addict
http://web.me.com/quirion