Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Well-Read Commuter Reviews: The Happy Stepmother





In honor of Stepmother’s Day (May 16), I thought I would post this review today. As a stepmother for over three years to two teen boys, I found this book charming and insightful. In fact, I wish I would have had this book over three years ago! The book details a ten-step plan to a fulfilling life as a stepmom. I couldn’t help but skip around the book and take in the different chapters and the advice on letting go of resentment, what to do with his old wedding photos and what to do when your blended family feels literally like being in a blender. The book also includes a resource section and serious advice from a variety of stepmoms who have been there, done that. The author maintains the website www.stepsforstepmothers.com

No comments: