Friday, March 5, 2010

Book Review: Days of Gold

Days of Gold by Jude Deveraux

This is the second book in the Edilean Series and we find out how the town gets it's name. Set back a few hundred years from the first we meet Edilean in Scotland. Where she meets a former laird (who now has no land). And through a variety of mistakes they end up together in America. While everything is trying to force them apart they want to be together even though there might just be a few too many differences for that to happen.

I loved the older Jude Deveraux historical romances and missed them with her most recent books. But this one just didn't have the same kick to it the rest did. I loved reading her Montgomery books and couldn't get enough of them. And while this book was still good it just didn't grab me the same way. I wanted to see more of them in this Edilean town. I wanted more about how Edilean became the business woman she became. I just wanted more.

No comments: