Monday, February 18, 2008

The Bone Garden

The Bone Garden by Tess Gerritsen

What was this book about?
This combines a tale of the past with a story of the present. Recently divorced Julia Hamill finds a body on the grounds of her new house. She can’t help but be interested in the history of this occurrence when it is discovered this body was placed there in the early 1800s. In her quest for the story, and through letters from Oliver Wendell Holmes, she finds out the story of Irish immigrant Rose, med student Norris, baby Maggie, and a serial killer.

What was your favorite part about this book?
I liked the story in the past. It just flowed. It wasn’t at all what I expected in terms of its description. I wasn’t sure if I would like it and I found it really interesting.

What was your least favorite part about this book?

Don’t really have a least favorite part.

What genre would you consider this?
Romance

Content in the book:
Romance: There is some romance – more of a meant for each other kinda thing
Sex: A little but not really
Mystery: Some – do you know who the killer is?
Violence: Some
Overall: B+ - I liked it despite thinking I wouldn’t.

No comments: