Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Firefly Lane

Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah

What was this book about?
This book is about Tully and Kate, two women who find each other as children and grow up as best friends. But it is more then just their escapades and differences; it is about a relationship that is stronger than anything but family. You learn about their hopes and dreams, fears and pain in ways that you can’t help but relate to.

What was your favorite part about this book?
This book seriously touched me in a way that no other book has done in a long time. I read a lot (if you couldn’t tell) and this really is at the top of my list. I didn’t want to put it down even for one minute. I felt like it was making me think about things that I had never thought about, made me want to examine my life and relationships to make them stronger.

What was your least favorite part about this book?
Not a question I can answer – it was just wonderful.

What genre would you consider this?
Realistic Fiction

Content in the book:
Sex: There was some sexual content including discussion of rape. But it wasn't graphic. Only used to move the story forward.
Overall: A – My first A. But that is because it truly is that great of a book. Seriously buy it for others – share it.

No comments: