Friday, February 22, 2008

Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes by Katie MacAlister (An Aisling Grey, Guardian Novel)

What was this book about?
Aisling a guardian who has been proscribed by Bael, the head of the underworld is now a demon prince. While trying to get rid of this proscription (that is essentially damning her) she is trying to get married to the love of her life – Drak Vireo – wyrvern of the green dragons. Between political issues between all the dragons and this demon thing hanging over head, she finds it difficult to work out the wedding thing.

What was your favorite part about this book?
With so much going on it is generally light hearted and fun. Yes things are bad and she has an evil voice in her head telling her to do bad things, but still it is all taken generally positively.

What was your least favorite part about this book?

Having not read all of the Aisling Grey novels I found it very hard to get into the beginning of this book. I felt like I had started a movie halfway through and it took me quite a bit of the book before I figured out where everything stood.

What genre would you consider this?
Paranormal Romance

Content in the book:
Romance: Definitely – but she is in love with Drake and that story has already happened. The romance is more between two people who belong together and know it.
Sex: They definitely have that
Mystery: A little in terms of what is going on and who is bad/good but I wouldn’t consider this a mystery
Violence: Some
Overall: B- - It was good and I probably would try to read a few more before I gave things up. But I wish I had been able to start at the beginning.

No comments: