Thursday, March 5, 2009

Guest Post - Barbara Worton, Author of Too Tall Alice

Here's the best advice I can give you, and it's an invitation to stand tall with Too Tall Alice.

In Too Tall Alice, I learned that I am just the right height for me and I could see myself, really see myself having a very beautiful day. If you stand tall with me, whether you are worried about being too short, too skinny, too fat or lots of other things you might be anxious about, I’m here to tell you that it’s all going to be okay because I learned to see me, the real me. And now I know I can be anything I want to be. And you can too!

Sometimes it’s good to turn around the mean things people say and the things you worry about. I do this by thinking positive thoughts and doing good things too. Here’s a list of my favorite ways to stand tall:

  • Think about things that make me happy and smile a lot.

  • Say four nice things to myself a day--stuff like, I'm cool, I'm smart, My mom and dad love me, I'm a good kid.

  • Believing in myself is cooler than a new pair of sneakers. It's knowing I'm worth a lot, just the way I am.

  • I think about all the things I like about myself and the nice things people say about me.
  • I don't compare myself to others.

  • Doing my best IS enough.

  • I forgive myself when I make a mistake and say I'm sorry if my mistake touched someone else.

  • I try my hardest to be a good friend and see the best in people.

No comments: