Sunday, March 1, 2009

Up in Smoke

Up in Smoke by Katie MacAlister

What was this book about?

May is a doppelganger who was promised to a demon lord. She must do what he says. Even though that means being away from the love of her life – the leader of the Silver dragons.

May only has to marry the demon lord and she will be free. And Gabriel is encouraging her to do it. Add to that the confusion in the dragon world about who is the leader of which sect and May’s life is nothing but confusing.

She must protect herself and Gabriel as well as the phylactery that she saved from the evil dragons the last go round.

What did you think about the book?

Ok even though I prompted the question below it doesn’t mean that I am giving up.. At least not yet. Was this my favorite book? No. Is it enough for me to stop reading the Silver Dragon series. Not quite yet.

I don’t know if what I didn’t like was that May is controlled by all the men in her life (demon or dragon). I don’t know if I don’t like the fact that each book is really an extension of the book before – to the point that if I don’t remember something I feel lost. I don’t know if it is that her twin/doppelganger source is so whiny and annoying it grates on my nerves. I just don’t know what it is that got to me.

The story is interesting. The characters are a little so so to me. I used to like May. She was fun and exciting. Now she is just this thing being taken over by everything else in her life.

So Silver Dragons – I will give you another shot – but I just wasn’t that entertained this time.

What genre would you consider this?
Paranormal

Overall:

No comments: