Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Need

Need by Carrie Jones

What was this book about?

Zara watched her father die of a heart attack. Being left behind when someone you love dies almost killed her. She was so depressed that her mother sent her to live with her step-grandmother in Maine. What kid wants to go live in Maine? It was cold and all of a sudden she was the new kid in school.

Something odd is happening in this small town in Maine. Boys have begun to disappear. It had happened years before where none of them were found again. There is a strange man that keeps appearing before Zara and seems to want something from her. Is she in danger?

Zara is also trying to deal with the things every kid does – fitting in at school and finding friends.

What did you think about the book?


This was a great book. I love it. I don’t know if this is the first in a series or a single book (it does have a rather complete ending so it could be either). I like it enough that I even tried to find out and the answer is…I don’t know.

Anyways this book was great. Yes it is in the genre that is taking off – all things paranormal for teens. But it isn’t totally like anything out there that I have read. I really think my favorite part is the buildup. You spend a large part of the book not knowing if there really is just a creepy guy kidnapping young boys or if there is something supernatural going on. And if it is supernatural then what exactly is out there? How does it tie in with Zara and her friends?

For any teen (or even adult) that likes the Stephanie Meyer, Kelly Armstrong, Melissa De La Cruz and are a little tired of just reading about vampires – this is a great book for you. It has a good story that keeps you interested throughout! I know once I started it I didn’t want to put it down.

What genre would you consider this?

Teen/Paranormal

Overall:

Question for You!
Did your parents ever keep secrets from you? For your own good? If you are now a parent - do you feel differently about them now?

1 comment:

Darlene said...

This sounds great but then I like the paranormal. I've noticed too it really taking off in YA books and I enjoy reading them. I'll have to check if my library has this one.