Friday, February 26, 2010

Book Review: The Notebook

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks


I haven't seen the movie and I really didn't have any desire to, originally. I just had read Dear John (or listened to it on CD) and decided that since I enjoyed that book - I might give this one a try. My commute has gotten longer and listening to things like this are entertaining and make everything go much quicker.

I have to say it wasn't what I expected. I like how Nicholas Sparks explains that there are lots of love stories out there - but very few talk about those in the tail end of their lives. This book made me think of my grandparents and the love they have - even with the death of one of them.

If you want something that will make you feel like love conquers all - this is a story for you. Thing is that life isn't perfect. And even with love winning - it doesn't mean that you won't have heartache and despair. But isn't it all worth it just so that you can be together one more day?

No comments: