Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Book Review: Whiteout

Whiteout by Ken Follett

Thoughts: I have a variety of books that I like to listen to on CD. This is one that I tried out. I found that the voice of the woman reading it to be quite interesting and different. And the voice can make or break a book.

In terms of subject this book is quite interesting. Imagine if some sort of virus that had was indestructible had been released to the world. You would do anything to stop it. And that is what this book is all about.

Add to that the dynamic of a woman who loves someone who doesn’t seem to love her back. A family who has a black sheep who doesn’t understand why everything isn’t someone else’s fault.

This wasn’t something where I was sitting on the edge of my seat for the whole book. But it was entertaining enough to keep my attention. It was unlike any other Ken Follett book that I have read – but will continue to try some of his books out.

What genre would you consider this?
Thriller

Overall:

No comments: