Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Somewhere in Heaven: The Remarkable Love Story of Dana and Christopher Reeve


Somewhere in Heaven: The Remarkable Love Story of Dana and Christopher Reeve by Christopher Andersen


What was this book about?

It is exactly what it is titled – the Remarkable love story of Dana and Christopher Reeve.

It begins before they met and explains their instant attraction for one another. You see them love each other, get married, have a child together. Then the unthinkable happens Chris hurts himself and ends up in a wheelchair. They struggle to maintain a stable relationship and life.

We follow their lives past Chris’s death to Dana’s own illness and death.

What did you think about the book?

I loved the story of true love in Hollywood when you find that it is not normally the case. They really did love each other. You find out that Chris is a bit of a daredevil and his injury while devastating maybe wasn’t such a shock.

I have to admit that while I knew who Christopher Reeves was – Superman – and I knew of his injury I didn’t realize the point he was at in his life career wise when it all happened. I saw him as the hero who came back from an injury – not a man who was having trouble getting roles and was being rejected by his peers.

What genre would you consider this?

Memoir

Overall:

If I was to nominate this book for an award it would be: I hope my love can be like this book – forsaking all odds (though I hope it ends a little happier).

No comments: