Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Almost Archer Sisters

The Almost Archer Sisters by Lisa Gabriele

What was this book about?

Two sisters who couldn’t be more different. There is the big town hot shot – Beth- who seems to have it all money, men, and a high society life. Then there is the small town sister who never left, never got her degree, is married to here sisters ex-boyfriend, and has two children that she loves so very much.

It all starts out as an innocent vacation. Beth is coming to visit Peachy and take her away to New York City. Instead Beth sleep’s with Peachy’s husband and she finds out. How can she deal with the fact that her sister and her husband betrayed her? How did her life end up in the place that it is in now? Why has she given up her dreams?

This is a look both at Peachy and how she got to where she is as well as a look at the true nature of Beth.

What did you think about the book?


While I didn’t dislike the book, I also didn’t love it. For a large part of it – it had me hooked. I wanted to read it more then I wanted to do the other things that I should have been doing around my house. But as time progressed – it felt like it was in a rush to finish it. It explained in just a few pages where everyone ended after this event occurred. And it just wasn’t what I was looking for.

I think part of it also was it was hard for me to understand going back to that situation. I came from a small town as well. For me though, I was the sister who left – and got out in the real world. I was glad to see that the character learned something from this whole debacle but again I just don’t know if I could have ever trusted either person again.

Beth is just an evil bitch and has always been evil. I really didn’t see any redeeming qualities in her. I know bad things happened to her, but they almost seem independent of that. She had a not-quite her father who loved her so much. She had a sister that would do anything for her – and yet she would do whatever she could to bring her down. Beth is as Beth was because Beth was a selfish person who only cared about herself.

What genre would you consider this?

Family Dynamics

Overall:

No comments: