Sunday, November 16, 2008

Untamed

Untamed by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast (A House of Night Novel)

What was this book about?

Zoey Redbird is a vampire fledgling in the House of Night. She has been surrounded by a merry group of friends who have now abandoned her because of her keeping secrets. They don’t understand why she didn’t tell them things. Especially the things about Stevie, Zoey’s roommate who never made the conversion to full vampire, she instead died. But she really isn’t dead – she is a special sort of fledgling that Zoey and her friends brought back from craziness.

Zoey knows the Neferet is out to get her and her friends but she doesn’t know her plan. When things start happening on campus that leave Zoey with an uneasy feeling she knows that her friends and her must do something. With unlikely friend and old time enemy Aphrodite she must stop Neferet before everyone is hurt (especially her).

What did you think about the book?

I love the House of Night Novels. I was actually sad when I finished this book – not because it was bad – but instead because it was done.. And I would now have to wait who knows how long for the next book in the series. I can’t wait to see what Zoey and her friends are going to do with what has been left for them to deal with.

Despite the cliffhanger – I really felt like the book ended at an appropriate place (even if I wish it could keep going and going). I would suggest that anyone who likes these sort of paranormal novels – get past the fact that it is supposed to be a teen book and start at the beginning of the series. It will be worth it.

What genre would you consider this?

Paranormal

Overall:

Questions for you!:

Over the series have you begun to like Aphrodite? Do you trust her? Do you feel that these sort of crossover Teen/Adult Paranormal books are something you enjoy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep promising myself I was going to read this series and still haven't gotten around to it. Ugh!