Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Wallflower Christmas

The Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas

What was this book about?

All four unusual-for-the-time women are with the loves of their lives and are coming together for Christmas. They found each other because they all were loners when it came to British Society gatherings. Now they have everything they want.

Daisy and Lillian’s brother Rafe has came from America and is being pushed to marry Natalie – the daughter of an aristocrat. But before he meets Natalie he is introduced to her chaperone Hannah. And Hannah is everything he could want in a woman – spirited, beautiful, and perfect for him. But he is being pushed by his family to marry Natalie and he will lose a fortune of his inheritance if he doesn’t do it. Meanwhile Hannah just met with Rafe to protect Natalie from a man she felt wouldn’t be worth her time. Instead she finds the perfect man for herself. Can she let him go? How will that hurt Natalie if she doesn’t? Can she expect Rafe to give everything up for her?

This is the pefect Christmas novel set with characters you love and can’t wait to see again!

What did you think about the book?


The Wallflowers are back! After reading the four books that hooked the wallflowers up with the men who truly loved them this book gives you a look at where their lives are now (and has another romance thrown in).

I enjoyed the fun, flirty, nature of the book though it did fight between giving you more of the Wallflower characters and following the romantic story of Rafe and Hannah. But personally I felt like it was a nice balance. Enough of the characters I loved, and yet another story that was involved enough that it kept me interested.

If you want a book to get you in the Holiday spirit and you love Romances – I would definitely try this one out!

What genre would you consider this?
Historical Romance

Overall:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really liked it? I run hot and cold with Lisa Kleypas. Her last book really chapped me to no end and I haven't wanted to pick up another one of her books.

Book Maniac said...

I think part of the reason I liked it was because I was able to visit her characters that I had liked.

That is always a huge plus to me when reading books - I get emotionally invested - I can't help myself.

I agree with your comment on her other books- some of her books have been a little more difficult for me to get into.

Marg said...

I am looking forward to reading this one. I really enjoyed the Wallflower books as a series. I am especially looking forward to reading about St Vincent!