Monday, April 7, 2008

Elijah


Elijah by Jacquelyn Frank (Nightwalkers)


What was this book about?
Captain of the demons (which in this case the demons aren’t like what we think demon’s are), Elijah is surprised by an attack. He is left for dead by those who are his enemies in a land he knows nothing about. Elijah is found by the Lycanthrope queen Siena and taken to a cabin in the woods to heal. They try to fight their unwavering attraction for each other. He loves her, but she has a history that she needs to fight. She has no intention of ever marrying and putting her people in jeopardy.

What was your favorite part about this book?

I had not read any of the other Nightwalker books. They are inventive and combine demon, lyncanthropes, and vampires in an usual way. I especially like seeing and being part of all the characters that I have yet to read their books (but now I will have to).

What was your least favorite part about this book?
It took me a little bit to get used the fact a demon wasn’t something necessarily bad. I am used to demons in other books as being bad guys and the word itself has a context associated with it in my mind that made it hard to get over.

What genre would you consider this?

Paranormal Romance

Overall:
B+

No comments: