Friday, September 12, 2008

Darkest Night

Darkest Night by Gena Showalter (Lords of the Underworld)

What was this book about?

They were protectors of good and one bad decisions eons ago has cursed them all. They let out the evil’s in Pandora’s box because of jealousy. When the box went missing they were forced to have these evils live with them inside their bodies and fight them constantly for control of themselves.

Maddox, contains violence, and an act of violence on Pandora has doubly cursed him. He also must die every night (the way he killed her) and go to Hell – only to return the next day.

He knows when he runs into Ashley Darrow that it would be bad news for him to keep her. But she won’t leave. She has her own secrets. Can she help him get past his inner demons? Can Violence truly be stopped??

What did you think about the book?

I can’t wait to see how this works out. The book definitely came to a conclusion that was satisfactory but to see what happens next can make or break this series. I am so glad that several other books in the series are out so that I can get my fix.

It is just plain fun. I wasn’t sure if I would like the “dark” side of these Lords. I thought at first they would have to get them removed to survive and love. But it doesn’t look like that is the case..

What genre would you consider this?

Paranormal Romance

Overall:

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I read this recently as well and really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to reading book two.

Anonymous said...

I loved the first book of the series! I couldn't get into the second one, so I am looking forward to the third. :)