Monday, September 15, 2008

That’s (Not Exactly) Amore

That’s (Not Exactly) Amore by Tracey Bateman

What was this book about?

Laini Sullivan thinks she knows what she wants out of life. She wants to be an interior designer. She used to love it and thinks that is what she needs. Unfortunately no one has heard of a color blind designer.

So Laini gets a job designing the coffee shop of a friend. She is going to show all her doubters what she can really do. The only problem is that her major crush Joe Pantalone is in charge of things.

When Joe doesn’t ask her out but a policeman does – she goes for it. But then she finds out that Joe also wants to spend time with her. She can’t make up her mind especially when she finds out that Joe’s family may be part of the mob. Can Laini figure out what makes her happy before it is too late?

What did you think about the book?

As I mentioned before - I am not someone who likes preachy books, several books that I have read from the “Faith Words” publishers has met my need. The story is independent of the religious aspect of the books. Instead they only add the Bible verses and other religious parts to enhance both the book and the characters thoughts. I was halfway through the book that I realized the random biblical quote or trip to church was part of an overarching desire to have a religious part to this book (not something I usually associate with what I think is a romantic book).

Overall I enjoyed the book. It was interesting to see her progress to the man she was meant to be with – as well as find what she wanted out of life.

What genre would you consider this?

Romance (without any sexual scenes)

Overall:

No comments: