Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Undead and Unworthy

Undead and Unworthy by Mary Janice Davidson (Betsy Taylor – Vampire Queen)

What was this book about?

Betsy Taylor is the vampire queen. She is finally wed to her honey – Sinclair. Still lives with her best friends Jessie and Marc. Her sister is still half the child of the devil. She has her subjects that are still working on their alliances with her. Life seems to be good. Except when it isn’t.

Being queen means having lots of responsibilities. She is forced to help her sometimes-enemy Nick – who hates her but loves her best friend Jessie solve some police cases. Meanwhile former-fiend and subject Garrett somehow set lose the rest of the fiends and they are out to get her.

She doesn’t know all that she can do in terms of her powers but she better figure it out. Oh yeah and her annoying dead step-mothers ghost is out to annoy her. Can life get any better?

What did you think about the book?


The author explains in the foreword that this book is more of a trilogy within a series. That you may or may not have read the previous set of books but that this one has an overarching plot. I liked the old books but I really enjoyed this one. So I can’t wait to see where this series takes us.

One of my pet peeves with series books like this is that sometimes I have to recall everything I ever knew about the other books (and I read a lot so it isn’t always easy) to follow the plot lines. Or I feel like I am catching up through half the book. I didn’t feel this way with this book at all.

I have read other books – but this one kept me in the loop from the beginning. And it kept me entertained. Betsy is starting to understand what being Queen means and what kind of things that brings to her power. But she isn’t forgetting her relationships with her friends in the meantime.


What genre would you consider this?

Paranormal

Overall:

No comments: