Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Vampire Kisses

Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber (Vampire Kisses Book 1)

What was this book about?

Raven has lived in this small, boring town her entire life. She wishes things were just a little more. She isn’t the usual teen and has been treated poorly by her fellow classmates her whole life. See Raven has chosen to be a “goth girl”. She wants to be a vampire when she grows up. She is just a little different.

When the old scary house in town is bought and people move in – they fit her every fantasy. They could be vampires. But are they? Is their teenage son what he seems? He looks to be Raven’s ultimate fantasy. A boy who gets her.

What did you think about the book?

For me this book started out kinda slow. I don’t know if it was the cover, the large type, or what but I thought maybe this wasn’t a teen book but more of 10,11 year old book. But I have to say once I got into the book it picked up a bit.

Was it my favorite teen vampire novel ever? No. Is it as intricate and well written as the Twilight series or some of the other books that are out there? No. Does the intended audience seem to be for the 14-17 year old crowd? No. So it seems like I am all negative – but really once I got over my initial impressions of what it would be – I enjoyed it.

I will definitely continue on with the series and see where it takes me. I am not ready to give “Vampire Kisses” up yet.

What genre would you consider this?

Teen Paranormal

Overall:

No comments: