Monday, September 28, 2009

Book Review: The Awakening

The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong

Description:Chloe has been captured by the Edison Group. She wants to know why they seem to be after her and her friends with special abilities. (Chloe can raise the dead and speak to ghosts - she is a necromancer). Her getting captured means two things - an opportunity to find out what is really going on and an opportunity to get back and save her friends.

Simon has always liked Chloe and he is protected by his werewolf brother Derek. Derek seems to not appreciate Chloe but will do anything to protect her. Add to that the complication of someone who seems like a friend who isn't and maybe someone who doesn't seem like a friend truely being one.

They need to escape the Edison Group and stay together. But is that possible? Why are they really here?


Thoughts: I had forgotten how much I liked this series until I picked up this book and started reading. The characters are great and not your normal run of the mill story line. I have my very own suspicions as to who is supposed to end up with who. Who is good and who is bad. And all of those kinda thoughts show me what a good book that this is.

It definitely is appropriate for teens. Other than the paranormal twist there is no sex - some limited violence (but not graphic).

In fact I like this teen series even better than Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series. And I always thought that was good.

What genre would you consider this?
Teen/Paranormal

Overall:

No comments: