Monday, March 3, 2008

A Summer Smile

A Summer Smile by Iris Johansen

What was this book about?
Zilah Dabala has a history of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. This time when she is finally returning to her home country her plane is hijacked and she is taken prisoner. Daniel Seifert, has been retired but when he sees Zilah’s photo he can’t help but want to go rescue her.

What was your favorite part about this book?
I really enjoyed the biplay between the Sheikh and Pandora. Personally I would have been more interested if I was reading a story about them. They had fun characters that you wanted to know more about.

What was your least favorite part about this book?
I felt this story was rushed. It seemed like everything just went a little to fast. For someone with Zilah’s history to go running into Daniel’s arms for no real reason just seems like something odd. And his obsession with her from her photo is a little creepy.

What genre would you consider this?
Romance

Content in the book:
Romance: Some
Sex: Some
Mystery: None
Violence: Not really much to mention
Overall: D+, just generally not a story I enjoyed. But as I said I will be watching for Pandora’s story. I think that might be fun.

No comments: