Monday, December 1, 2008

Mr. Cavendish, I Presume by Julia Quinn

Mr. Cavendish, I Presume by Julia Quinn

What was this book about?

Amelia Willoughby has been betrothed to Thomas Cavendish, the Duke of Wyndham for many years. They have had a distant relationship where despite her being 21 years of age they still have not actually married. Amelia finally gets tired of all the back and forth between them and decides to show Thomas the woman she really is.

Once Thomas realizes that Amelia is more then just a society woman he cannot stop his attraction for her. Unfortunately this all comes in to play right around the time that his long-lost-never-know cousin has come to town. If he really is his cousin then Thomas will no longer be the Duke of Wyndham.

Thomas has finally realized that he loves Amelia – but how can things work out when she was destined to marry a Duke. Not some lowly Mister.

What did you think about the book?

I was definitely ready to find out what transpired between two characters that I had enjoyed in the previous novel in this series. And I was definitely happy with the result.

I found the book to have a great story – but part of me didn’t love the repetition. Because I had read the other novel I had already read some of the scenes that were playing out in this one. Albeit now they were from a different point of view – but there was nothing exciting and different with them.

Despite this I still enjoyed the story.

What genre would you consider this?
Historical Romance

Overall:

Question for you!

How do you deal with reading books that tell you the same thing from multiple peoples point of view? Do you find them enlightening? Or are they boring?

No comments: