Monday, January 21, 2008

Bloodfever

Bloodfever (Book 2 in the Fever Series) by Karen Marie Moning

MacKayla Lane has come to Ireland to find who killed her sister Alina. Now she knows what has killer her and more about her own past (and her sisters) then she ever did. She realizes the world she lives in has creatures in it that she couldn’t even imagine in the small-town in Georgia she grew up in. She is a sidhe seer and she needs to find the Sinsar Dubh a book with many evil spells. She is surrounded by people who seem to need her but she doesn’t know if she can trust. No one will tell her the full truth. She must find out all she can about this new world she has found, herself, and the people that surround her before all those that are out to kill her get to her first.

I liked the first book in the series Darkfever, and I have to say after reading this book – I can’t wait for the next. I want to know who is good, who is bad. I want to know where this is leading me. I want to know more about Barrons – is he someone that Mac should trust her heart to. In fact I was so caught up in everything fairy that I didn’t even notice that we were met by the family from Moning’s Highlander series until I had read the FAQs on her website. If you like the supernatural and you want a suspense this is it. But you better be prepared for only more questions to be raised then to be answered.

Romance: Very little. You know that Barron’s likes Mac and Mac likes Barrons but she really can’t trust him. But he does like to save her life. So that is kinda romantic.
Sex: When you have a fairy that makes you want to take off all your clothes and get with him just by being in the same room with him there is some. But if you are looking for the traditional Moning sex scenes we haven’t gotten there in this series yet.
Mystery: Tons – but you won’t find your answers yet.
Violence: Definitely some – but not of the gratuitous type..
Overall: A-

No comments: