Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Author Spotlight: Jeff Rivera


Did you intend for Forever My Lady to be a tear jerker?
Well, it was my dream that the book would make people feel something. I wanted them to feel like they were on an emotional roller coaster. To hear people have cried their eyes out reading it does feel good though.

There are a lot funny parts in Forever My Lady too. Have you ever thought about writing comedy?
Thanks, yeah I wanted to make sure that it wasn't just serious that there were characters that made you laugh to. It's easier for me to write funny moments than an all out comedy because I'd rather leave that to the professionals.

What challenges in writing a love story from a male's perspective did you encounter?
My greatest challenge was worrying if my female readers would have any desire to read a love story from a male perspective. I soon found that they did want to and I've felt really good about the emails I've been receiving from women and men about how much the book moved them and how much they could relate to it.

What are you working on next?
Now I'm working on a Young Adult book. I love writing love stories and stories for young people.

How can we pick up a copy of Forever My Lady?
You can pick up a copy at your local bookstore, www.JeffRivera.com or Amazon.com


No comments: