Thursday, October 23, 2008

Genesis of Shannara – The Gypsy Morph

Genesis of Shannara – The Gypsy Morph by Terry Brooks

What was this book about?

The future has brought with it the destruction of the world and many of its races. They must bind together to defeat the evilness that will destroy it. Man must work with faerie (which they didn’t even know existed). They all must work with the Lizards – the creatures that were human that have evolved into something less.

The Knight of the Worlds must help everyone find their true mission in life.

This book is hard to explain in just a few paragraphs there is so much going on. I guess I would continue to say it is a saga of a world and of people doing their best to survive and help others.

What did you think about the book?

I have never read any of Terry Brooks books before and this was my first time into his world. I have to say it is quite complicated. It reminded me an of an extended Lord of the Rings. It kept me interested even though I felt like I had started reading half way through the book. There is just so much going on, so many characters, and he has written so many books that I think to fully appreciate it you should start at the beginning. Now I am just guessing – I haven’t read any more of this books yet – but I plan to. I am going to attempt to “start over” with at least this part of the series. He has written so many books that there is no way that I can try to start at the beginning but – it seems like there are mini-story plots in his world that I could take a look at.

So overall my thoughts are that I really enjoyed the book. I think I would have like it more if I had read more of his stuff and that just tells me how great a writer he is. Look for more on Terry Brooks here.

What genre would you consider this?
Fantasy

Overall:

No comments: