Sunday, November 9, 2008

Still Summer

Still Summer by Jacquelyn Michard

What was this book about?

Four women have been friends since middle school. There are cousins (who are more like sisters)Janis and Tracy. Holly the girl who was everyone’s mother. And then Olivia who had a past that made her who she was – now a spoiled countess from Italy.

When Olivia’s rich husband dies the women decide to go on an adventure. A private cruise. Add in to the mix Tracy’s teenage daughter Camille and they all know it will be a lot of fun.

The trip doesn’t turn out as planned. Their fun vacation in the sun turns into a harrowing adventure that threatens all their lives. They learn that sometimes a vacation isn’t all it is cracked up to be.

What did you think about the book?

I just didn’t know what was going to happen with this book. The first book I read by Jacquelyn Michard was more of a teen book – dealing with two teenagers and a mixup where one has died and another is still alive but they don’t know which was which. So this was a new genre of sorts for her in my eyes. This wasn’t a teen book.

I felt like the whole beginning I was just waiting for something bad to happen. You know it is – just by definition of the book. I wanted to see less of the leading up and more it has finally happened.

Despite this, overall I have to give it a great rating. The book closes in a way that will touch everyone’s heart. And if I think something is so touching that it makes me cry – then it has to be good!

What genre would you consider this?

Family Dynamics

Overall:

No comments: