Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Swallowing Darkness

Swallowing Darkness by Laurell K. Hamilton

What was this book about?

Princess Meredith has accomplished what her aunt (the Queen of Light and Darkness) wanted her to - she is pregnant. With twins! By six different men! So you would think things were going to quiet down for Merry. Instead she was kidnapped and raped by her uncle so that he could tell everyone that he was the father.

All Merry wants is to live in peace with her men and her children. But everyone seems to be out to either kill her or capture her. Her magic is expanding and she is granting so many of the powers and lost things to those in faerie land.

Can she keep her men alive and cared for? Can they protect her and her children? Will the faerie accept Merry as their new queen?

What did you think about the book?

I love the world of Meredith Gentry. She has men, intrigue, love, mystery, and so much more all around her. This book was a great addition to the series. The last book I enjoyed but it wasn’t really all I was looking for. It seemed rushed and didn’t have enough in it. While this one has returned to everything I love about the series.

I have to admit that when I finished the book the first thing I did was check out the internet to see if this was going to be the last book in the series (cause if it was I was going to be very disappointed). The way the author ends the book it just seems as if this could be the last one. Thankfully on Laurell’s blog I found out that this wasn’t the case. The series will be going on and we will see everything we want from Merry and her fairy world in the future.

I wasn’t sure how I would feel when this main character was pregnant. I mean it is a hard line to walk between over sexual faerie lady and a pregnant woman. But I felt like things were handled very well in this book and I can’t wait to see what her two children – fathered by six men are like!



What genre would you consider this?
Erotic Paranormal

Overall:

Question for you!
What for you is the most in-depth fairy world (from a book) that you could believe is realistic because of its detail?

No comments: