Monday, November 3, 2008

The Rogue Hunter

The Rogue Hunter by Lynsay Sands

What was this book about?

We met Garrett Mortimer (immortal blood sucker who is one of the good guys) in a previous novel when he helped Lucien Argeneau get his lifemate. This time the vampire policeman is in the middle of the country at a lake house trying to solve another mystery.

This is where he meets lawyer Samantha Willan. She and her sisters have gone out to her family cottage in order to get some relaxation. When she meets the neighbor Decker, Mortimer, and his partner Becker she can’t help but want to spend more time with them. Especially Mortimer.

But Mortimer is trying to solve a case and can’t really believe that he met his lifemate. Can he convince her that what he isn’t scary and that they should spend their lives together?

What did you think about the book?

I really can’t say anything bad about this series. I love the Argeneau vampire novels. They are fun and flirty. Each one is different enough that you don’t feel like you are reading the same story over and over again with just a few differences. And this one didn’t disappoint.

There were a few things for my own curiosity I would have liked to know have included that wasn’t but that was more of a personal preference then anything else. I love the Argeneau’s and wanted to see them in this book. You see characters that they know – but don’t get to spend in depth time with the ones that you love. Secondly I really wish I knew what was coming next. What I mean by that is what she is going to do with the two sisters and (SPOILER ahead) when Samantha is going to change. It seems like of everyone she needs it – she has all those balance problems because of her ear infections – I could just see things getting bad. I am hoping Lynsay has plans for this and is going to give me everything I want soon!

What genre would you consider this?

Paranormal Romance

Overall:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't read anything by Lynsay Sands. She has been on my radar a few times, but I never was in the mood.