Sunday, July 5, 2009

Book Review: Lovestruck Summer

Lovestruck Summer By Melissa Walker
Description:Priscilla "Quinn" likes being the alternate girl. She thrives being the girl with the blue short hair that loves bands and alternative music. When an opportunity comes up to go work for her favorite bands music label she jumps on it. Even if she is only 18 years old. So off she goes to Texas to live with her cousin "Party Penny". Penny is everything that Quinn hates - pink, bubbly, and a sorority girl. When Quinn meets the guy of her dreams - Sebastian she thinks her summer is made. But why can she not stop thinking about her cousin's friend Russ.

Russ is exactly what Quinn thinks she doesn't want. I mean he likes country music. Can Quinn get past her own reservations and preconceived notions about what people are like? Will that help her really enjoy her summer?

Thoughts: What can I say - I love Melissa Walker. I loved all of her Violet books (Violet in Private, Violet by Design, and Violet on the Runway). Melissa has been kind enough to stop by a Blog of Books and give both an interview and guest post. And based on the response that I have gotten - more people then just me love her.

For me this was a classic Melissa Walker book. Lighthearted and fun but with a lesson in it that isn't preachy. Do we sometimes get so focused on who we want to be (or think we should be) that we start to close ourselves off to new experiences and people? Add to that a romance with a couple boys and a girls first adventure out on her own and you have a great entertaining book. While I know it is geared towards the 14 year old (and up) set - for me this book is something anyone who likes teen lit - would like.

I look forward to reading more of Melissa Walker in the future!

What genre would you consider this?

Teen Romance

Overall:

No comments: