Sunday, July 26, 2009

Book Review: Undead and Unwelcome

Undead and Unwelcome by Mary Janice Davidson

Description: Betsy and Sinclair are off to do their duty as King and Queen of Vampires. A werewolf has died under their protection and they must make amends with the werewolves. Of course things are never easy for Betsy. She can't keep her mouth shut and that only causes more problems.

Meanwhile at home things aren't going so well either. Marc is left with Betsy's half-sis Laura (oh did anyone tell you she is the child of Satan). It all starts off with the best of intentions but things go south quickly. Can Betsy and Sinclair make it back in time to fix all the problems?


Thoughts: I like these undead books. I think the refreshing tales of Betsy who is queen of the vampires but not really all that into anything but herself, her family, and staying alive, fun. They aren't written to make you scared or think the world is crashing down - they are witty and light.

That being said - this wasn't my favorite of these books. I feel like I am just not getting enough story from this one. Yes we find out some tidbits about BabyJon and the sister who is half-Satan, but overall there isn't a ton of progression. I wanted more in terms of plot moving forward.

I also didn't particularly enjoy the "diary" aspect where Betsy's friend Marc is writing things from his perspective. Yes, that is the only way to tell that story since Betsy isn't around. But I didn't like it so much. So in terms of recommendations - yes read the series. Don't start with this one - I think it may make you put it down and you shouldn't judge every book by this one.

What genre would you consider this?
Paranormal

Overall:

No comments: