Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Book Review: Fade

Fade by Lisa McMann

Description: If Janie is around someone she can see their dreams. That has led her to her best friend and boyfriend Cabel. Cabel works for the police department undercover and Janie has begun that work as well.

The police need Janie and Cabel to figure out why they were getting calls about a teacher possibly drugging a student. This is dangerous for them both. Can they figure it out before anyone else is hurt? What does Janie's abilities mean for her future?

Thoughts: This book started out a little slow for me. When I first picked it up I was thinking how much I liked the last book. When I got started on this one - I just didn't remember what it was. But eventually it did progress to the part where I remembered what I liked and liked this one as well.

The best part of this book though is the digging in to what being a dreamcatcher is. What are the good things and what are the bad. They are answered and it makes you wonder if Janie is strong enough to deal with those things. Sometimes to help others means bad things for yourself.

What genre would you consider this?
Teen

Overall:

No comments: