Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Well-Read Commuter Reviews: The Cemetery Dance

The Cemetery Dance
By Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child




What this book is about:
A prominent New York Times reporter is killed in a brutal attack in his posh Upper West side apartment. His archeologist wife escapes with minor injuries and is able to identify their attacker. The problem is that by all accounts the alleged attacker was dead and buried ten days prior.

Did you like this book:
I don’t mean to sound like a broken record, but I just don’t read a lot of fiction. I was not too enthused when I found myself stuck behind a construction area accident, going no where fast and with only an audio copy of The Cemetery Dance and a cell phone with a dead battery in the car with me. Reluctantly I popped the book in the CD player. The story that unfolded is a must read summer action/mystery. It is good enough to warrant being tossed in your tote bag to go on vacation with you. I was hooked by Chapter 2 and would have listened to the entire 13 hour audio straight through if I could have. It was fantastic and I can see this sophisticated read appealing to a wide rage of tastes! If you only have time to read one book the rest of the summer- this is it.

No comments: