Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Revelations

Revelations by Melissa De La Cruz (Blue Bloods Novel)

What was this book about?

Schuyler Van Alen is one of the Blue Bloods. But she isn’t the traditional Blue Blood as she is only half blue blood/half mortal. Her mother Allegra Van Alen/Gabrielle the Uncorrupted was a fallen angel who then mated with a red blood and had Schuyler. She has been in a coma for years.

For Schuyler it is hard to be accepted into the Blue Bloods. They have memories of their past lives, they are connected. And she is still attracted to the forbidden –Jack Force. Jack has been bonded with Mimi Force through many lifetimes. When Schuyler is forced to live with the Force’s it makes life much harder.

There is a mystery of who is good – who is bad and who is helping the Silver Bloods (corrupted Blue Bloods).

Bliss is Schuylers friend and a fellow blue blood. She wants to find the boy, Dylan who has disappeared and seems to have been used for evil purposes. Bliss has her own problems – her family is acting odd – and while she is regaining some memories – she is blacking out more and more and having odd visions. What is wrong with her?

Can Bliss and Schuyler save the race? How will Schuyler’s relationship work with Jack with Mimi in the picture?

What did you think about the book?

I have read the other two books in the Blue Blood series and enjoyed them. And I enjoyed this one as well. The only thing that I would have to say about it is that it just wasn’t progressing far enough in the story for me to be fully satisfied.

There is a lot going on in this book and I felt like that was great. We learned some things that we didn’t know about how the Blue Bloods worked and survived in society. You also find out more about what is going on. (And there is a huge reveal at the end of the book which I will try not to say anything about!) It is a good thing when a book leaves you wanting more – I am not complaining about that. But I really would like these books to get a little longer in content so that I feel like one complete part of the story is told as opposed to feeling like I just got started and it is all over and I have to wait for the next story in line.

What genre would you consider this?

Teen

Overall:

Question for You!

Do you believe in past lives?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know of others who have really enjoyed books by Melissa De La Cruz. I just could never get into them. Bummer!