Friday, December 26, 2008

World Without End

World Without End by Ken Follett

What was this book about?

Four children are in Kingsbridge, a medieval town, Caris, Gwenda, Merthin, and Ralph. Ralph and Merthin are brothers, while Caris is of the wealthy class and Gwenda the poor class. They shouldn’t want to be friends but an event in the woods outside of Kingsbridge changes their lives forever. It puts them on a path that will force their lives to forever be entangled.

Follow each of them as they get older. They try for love, for fame, for wealth. Life in this time period is hard though and the intrigues of their lives will keep you interested!

What did you think about the book?

Another one of those audio books – and this one is definitely going in my husband’s to be listened to pile. It is set in olden days (which he likes) and has a bit of a epic story feel to it. It wasn’t what I expected – I expected it to be all about the mysterious letter that was found in the beginning. Instead it is more about the people that it discusses in the beginning.

Life isn’t easy for them and the paths that they took made them the people they are. They were all tied together for a lifetime. It has a touch of “real” history in it – but it is more about how life would have been lived for people back then and their relationships then about the history itself.

I haven’t ready any of Ken Follett’s other works but I definitely will now!

What genre would you consider this?
Epic

Overall:


Question for You!

What sort of research do you think is needed to write a book like this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really wanted to read this book. But after listing my challenges, I'm not sure if I have room. :(