Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cross Country

Cross Country by James Patterson

What was this book about?

Dr. Alex Cross is a detective for the Washington D. C. Police. Families start to turn up dead. It is brutal and senseless and he will do anything to figure out who is at fault. These family seem to have no connection to each other but it seems strange how a killer can wipe them all out – even when they are in different places at the exact same time.

Cross is led to a Nigerian group led by a man called the Tiger. He will cross countries and risk his life (and the life of his family) to give justice to those who have died.

What did you think about the book?


This was one of those books that I listened to on CD. I chose the abridged version because I had never read a James Patterson book before. So I had never met Dr. Cross.

I really enjoyed the book on CD. The story was great and the reader was really, really good. I have to tell you that at several times my body jumped when the gunshots were fired or the scary music started. It was realistic in a way I have never heard on a book on CD before.

In regards to the story itself – it was very interesting. Even though you know who the bad guy is – it takes time to find him. And it is more then just a thriller as Dr. Cross goes across the world to find the bad guy. Through the story the reader/listener is exposed to Nigeria, Darfur, and the tragedies that are affecting the lives of everyone in those countries. It makes you appreciate having the life that you have here.

What genre would you consider this?

Thriller

Overall:

Question for You!

What book shows the world and its causes in a way that makes you think about it in a way that you never have before?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice review, thank you!
This book sounds better now that I've read this review on it!
I may try to get a copy now. :-)

-Bobbie

Book Reviews By Bobbie

Luanne said...

I found the sound effects really added to the audio experience as well. Some of the crimes were quite graphic, but are really happening....

Darlene said...

Great review. I have this one on CD. I'm going to start listening to it tonight. Good to know you liked it.