Sunday, January 11, 2009

Five Things I Can’t Live Without

Five Things I Can’t Live Without by Holly Shumas

What was this book about?

Nora is the standard almost 30 something whose life hasn’t turned out the way she always expected. She is single (and wants to be married). Involved with a man who *seems* to love her – but she can’t help but doubt him the way she doubts herself. She has a job that she really doesn’t enjoy but thinks that she has to have it.

So one day Nora decides to do something about it all. She quits her job and tries to find herself. She doesn’t want to be negative anymore. It isn’t easy but it leads her to writing online personal ads for other people. By figuring out the 5 things that can’t live without – Nora may be able to determine her own.

What did you think about the book?

The idea of someone doubting themselves so much and it getting between their relationship seems like one that many people may be able to relate to. Figuring out what is most important to you is something that only you can answer. And without those answers it is hard to live a happy and productive life.

Nora finds herself and by doing that she finds so much more about the life that she wants to live. Everyone should do that.

What genre would you consider this?

Family Dynamics

Overall:

Question for You!
What are the five things in life you can’t live without?

1 comment:

Brooke Reviews said...

This sounds like a good book.

Five things I can't live without are...

1. My laptop - It's got my whole world in it. School/Book Reviews/Work/Favorites lol
2. My cell phone - I don't have a home phone, so it's a must.
3. My dogs - Ugh. I would die if anything happened to them.
4. My car - it's impossible to get around this city without one.
5. Hair dye - seriously? My hair is long grey/blonde. lol