Monday, August 17, 2009

Book Review: Secret Life of a Vampire

Secret Life of a Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks

Description: Lara Boucher is an officer who has been asked to come to a very disturbing call. It looks like it isn't just a bachelor party but instead a murder has happened. But she is confused. Someone seems to be messing with her mind. The one thing she does remember is being attracted to the man at the door - Jack. What she doesn't know about Jack is he is both a vampire and the son of Cassonova.

Can their attraction work out when she finds out who he really is? Can he tell her - he has been burned by loves before who couldn't handle what he really was.

Thoughts: In terms of this series I enjoyed the book but it wasn't my favorite in the series. (Maybe it is because I read them a touch out of order). I love the kids and wish I could see more of them in the books. They have such fun differences and you just don't know what is going on with their half human-half vampire selves.

I wonder if it is the fact that I know how it all will end that is causing my luke-warm feelings for these sorts of books. I mean you know in a romance novel the couple ends up together. So if that is the only plot twist then you aren't going to have to deal with much more.

But it is well written and the story is entertaining so I don't blame the author!

What genre would you consider this?
Paranormal Romance

Overall:

No comments: