Friday, August 14, 2009

Book Review: Night of the Loving Dead

Night of the Loving Dead by Casey Daniels

Description: Pepper Daniel's can see ghosts. Which is great considering she works in a cemetery. But when Pepper ends up in Chicago on a business trip the last thing she wants to do is solve another murder. But when a ghost asks her for help she has learned that the last thing she should do is ignore them.

What really seems strange to Pepper is this ghost's feelings for Dan Callahan. The ghost Madeline worked with Dan and seems to want Pepper to help save him. But from what? Is Madeline telling Pepper the whole truth? Can Pepper figure it all out in time?

Thoughts: I was ready to love this book. I had really enjoyed several others that were in similar themes and thought this would be a great addition to my reading list. Sadly, while this was good, it wasn't good enough to make me want to go back in the series and read the books that I had missed. It wasn't good enough for me to want to put it on my don't dare miss this book list. It was just ok.

I didn't appreciate the ghost Madeline or the history that Dan has with Pepper. I didn't know why Pepper didn't see that Quinn seemed to want something more from her. I jsut didn't get it. And maybe I would have if this was a series I had started from in the beginning.

But as I said it wasn't bad. The plot moved forward at a decent pace. The idea of a girl who falls and hits her head and now can see and communicate with ghosts is interesting. It has a lot of promise - but for me this book wasn't all I wanted it to be.

What genre would you consider this?
Paranormal

Overall:

No comments: