Thursday, October 2, 2008

Return to Summerhouse

Return to Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux

What was this book about?

Madame Zoya and her traveling back in time has returned. This time her three women are – Amy – who has been despondent since she suffered a miscarriage a few months before, Faith – a widow who was aged by the care of her invalid husband and always wondered what happened to the other boy she has always loved, and Zoe – who was in a car accident and doesn’t know why it seems that everyone hates her in her town.

The trio is sent back to fulfill something Amy needs to do in the distant past (the 1800s) and then sent on their own missions to change the things in their lives they always wished had been changed.

What did you think about the book?

In some ways I liked this book more then the first book “Summerhouse” and in other ways I found it more confusing. The parts I enjoyed were that there wasn’t a whole 2/3rds of the book talking about how sucky the people in its lives were. They had mysteries to solve and things to do.

Things I didn’t like was the time travel part. While it was interesting I just don’t see how it works. Was Amy alive in both times for the whole lifetime? If she was meant to be with him why didn’t they “be together”. I mean I appreciate that she loves her husband and her children – but I feel bad for the guy. He loves her. She has been in his life forever. She loves him.. It was all just a bit weird.

What genre would you consider this?

Summer Read

Overall:

No comments: