Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Seduction at Christmas

A Seduction at Christmas by Cathy Maxwell

What was this book about?

Fiona Lachlan has had a tough past. While raised gently – her parents died when she was younger – and with her brother moving to America and leaving her behind (at her request) she is alone. She is barely making enough money to live on. So she takes a task that will bring her a little money. It brings her into an intrigue of murder and mayhem.

Fiona has meet the Duke of Holburn - Nick before. But this time she has become his ward. Someone is trying to kill him and she has no idea who – but she has a connection to him and it may be the only thing that can save either of them.

Nick has learned many years ago to stop trusting those around him. And he especially steers clear of innocence. Fiona is nothing if not innocent. Can he get past everything and love her? Can she love him even though they come from different backgrounds and she has a checkered past?

What did you think about the book?


I don’t know if it is because I write a lot of these reviews – but I feel sometimes if I run out of things to talk about when talking about particular romance stories. It doesn’t mean they are bad – in fact many times it is because they are generally entertaining – that I don’t have anything to say (I feel evil speaking as if the only things I have to say sometimes are bad things).

The plot of this story (as described above) is interesting and keeps you entertained. You move forward at a reasonable pace. The characters are people that you like overall and can root for them to get together. In many ways I don’t really consider this a “Christmas” book because the theme doesn’t really get to that point until the end. But even with that caveat I enjoyed the book.

As a P.S. of sorts. I would love to have a guest post or interview from a romance author. That seems to be one genre where I have heard little from. So if you are interested – please send me an email at blogofbooks@gmail.com.

What genre would you consider this?
Historical Romance

Overall:

Question for You!

Do you enjoy books that center around holidays – only during that particular holiday?

No comments: