Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dragon Wytch

Dragon Wytch by Yasmine Galenorn

What was this book about?

Three sisters and their friends are here to save us. The Shadow Wing is out to destroy the world. Delilah can transform into a cat (a normal house cat). Menolly is a vampire, and Camille is a witch. They are all half fae and that does have its affect on their powers.

A unicorn comes to visit to bring Camille something that only she can weild. It will help her save the world. She doesn’t know what it is or what she is supposed to do with it but that is half of the battle. Her sisters, her friends, and herself must save the world from the evil Shadow Wing. Shadow Wing is trying to find the spirit seals that will help them unleash their evil.

Smoky the dragon is back in this book to help Camille. Can he handle the fact she has several other true loves? Why is he involved? Is he doing this to help – or does he want something else from her and her sisters?

What did you think about the book?
We are on to book 4 in a series I originally thought was only 3 books. But we all make mistakes :) Anyways I enjoy the series overall. For me I don’t know if the overarching plot of the series itself is moving quickly enough for me. I like the sisters, the group of people/creatures/beings are interesting and diverse.

This is one of those series that I wouldn’t even consider jumping into halfway. There is so much going on, so many people involved and such a long story that you would be completely confused.

The one thing I think I like the best about this series is you don’t know who to trust. You don’t know who will be good, who will be bad, and if you are doing something that may not necessarily be good –but is what needs to be done for the betterment of all.

What genre would you consider this?

Paranormal

Overall:


Question for You!

What is the best mix of a longer story being told in several installments?

2 comments:

Hudson said...

I'd love for you to read REDEMPTION and give us your review as you do such a nice job. I also teach Parish School Of Religion in St. CHarles, Missouri with a best selling author called Bobbi SMith. Keep up the great blog. I love to check it out.

Book Maniac said...

Hudson who is Redemption by? I would love to read it!